Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Can DCFS take my child without a court order?

Can DCFS take my child without a court order?

This is a very common question. DCFS can only take your child if there is a court order or if you have abused or neglected your child. I’ve actually never seen it happen that DCFS took a child with out a court order.

I’ve heard things like: “I know that DCFS is saying that they are moving to protect my child, and they mean well, but I don’t understand why they would make this decision without involving me in the process. I have been working with the DCFS agency for over a year now, and I have done everything that was asked of me.”

What about my rights as a parent? Can the state come in and separate a family without going to court? What if I disagree with the decision? Is there any way I can stop them from taking my child?

Your next best step is to get a DCFS attorney on your side.

Free Initial Consultation

It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when. Legal problems come to everyone. Whether it’s your son who gets in a car wreck, your uncle who loses his job and needs to file for bankruptcy, your sister’s brother who’s getting divorced, or a grandparent that passes away without a will -all of us have legal issues and questions that arise. So when you have a law question, call Ascent Law for your free consultation (801) 676-5506. We want to help you!

Michael R. Anderson, JD

Ascent Law LLC
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
84088 United States
Telephone: (801) 676-5506

Recent Posts

Utah Bankruptcy Exemptions

Bankruptcy On Medical Debt

How Do I Send A DMCA Take Down Notice?

Experienced Bridge Loan Lawyer

Estate Planning Attorney Clearfield Utah

Ascent Law St. George Utah Office

Ascent Law Ogden Utah Office