What is the Purpose of the Probate Process
Probate proceedings are needed to ensure an orderly transfer of property. It is also necessary to:
- Safeguard the deceased’s estate
- Pay all debts and taxes
- Resolve who is entitled to what assets and to disburse the property accordingly.
What Does a Personal Representative do?
In most cases, a personal representative is responsible for handling and settling the deceased’s estate. Their responsibilities include:
- Contacting the heirs and creditors concerning the probate proceedings
- Collecting and taking inventory of the probate assets belonging to the deceased
- Determining and paying for state, federal and income taxes
- If necessary, selling property in order to pay back taxes and/or expenses.
- Distributing remaining proceeds to designated family members and relatives.
What are the Probate Costs for Utah?
The filing fees for adoptions, probate, guardianship, conservator ship and name changes are $360.
Need help with a Probate & Estate Administration matter?
You’ve come to the right place. If you are the executor of an estate, a probate & estate administration attorney can help.
Probate & estate administration attorneys handle succession issues and can help you navigate court processes, payment of the deceased person’s debts, distribution of property according to the will or estate plan, and probate litigation.
Probate Lawyers in Utah
Everyone needs a good lawyer at some point.
If you are here, you have a legal issue. So call Ascent Law for your free initial consultation now (801) 676-5506. We want to help you!
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
Telephone: (801) 676-5506