Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
Mon - Fri 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
8833 S Redwood Rd # A, West Jordan, UT

Tax Questions

tax questions

Once you know you want to seek professional tax advice, you’ll next have to consider whether to approach a tax attorney or an accountant about IRS Tax Law. Answering this question will likely depend on what type of assistance you need. Of course, there’s no prohibition against speaking with both a tax lawyer and an accountant. In some cases, you’ll find both in one as many tax lawyers are also certified public accountants. Below are some things to keep in mind as you decide who to contact for tax questions.

Knowledgeable accountants and tax attorneys will be able to provide tax advice and planning strategies to individuals and businesses. The U.S. Tax court allows attorneys and certain non-attorneys, including qualified accountants, to represent clients in cases.

The differences. The training of attorneys, which includes an emphasis on studying case law, legal writing and research, may equip attorneys with an edge on specialized tax litigation and appeals and issues related to liability. The training of accountants in financial planning, and tax regulations and codes may give them an edge in financial strategy.
Consider your needs. Are you looking for simple tax preparation assistance, or are you planning an incorporation strategy for a new business you’re starting? For straightforward tax advice or assistance with filing income taxes you may save money and time in contacting a tax accountant. Additionally, an accountant may be the right fit if you are contacting an attorney primarily for planning or preventative purposes for you or your business.

If, on the balance, your questions are more complex, involve possible litigation or liability issues, and/or involve multiple parties or organizations, you would probably be best served by contacting an attorney. This is especially true if you find yourself in the position of receiving and responding to tax claims or audits against you, your family, or your business.

Knowing who to contact with tax questions is the first step. However, it’s just as important to know what questions to ask when you meet with a tax professional. You can find out more about U.S. tax law and procedures to help you by contacting Ascent Law.

As you are figuring out how to address your tax issues, you should always be armed with the most updated legal information and how the law can impact your specific situation. A local tax attorney can answer your questions about tax laws or would like information legal advice about your specific situation.

Tax Lawyer Free Consultation

If you are here, you probably have a tax law issue you need help with, call Ascent Law for your free tax law consultation (801) 676-5506. We want to help you.

Michael R. Anderson, JD

Ascent Law LLC
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
84088 United States

Telephone: (801) 676-5506